Friday, October 9, 2009

Invasion of the grandkids ...

Heather, my oldest daughter, left her older son, Ethan, 8, here with us last week. We had a great time just hanging out, going uptown for bagels at the coffee place, to McDonald's and the apple orchard (it was raining, so no pictures that day, unfortunately).


On Tuesday, my older son Jason's three kids stayed overnight too -- our house was very full!

At dinner, Ryan (he's the one in the striped shirt; he's 9) didn't want to let me take his picture, so I told the kids they could make ugly faces if they wanted. So this photo is entirely my fault! Lighting is horrible for photography in my kitchen, blurry shot, etc. but I love it anyway.

My mom and I took them to the park Wednesday:


This is Kaycee, she's a sixth grader and almost too cool for the park ...
And I can count on Ryan to find alternative ways to use the equipment:

Shelbie, 8, enjoyed the swings.

The monkey bars were fun too!

I still managed to get some scrapping time in. Shelbie was my "guest designer" on a Halloween card, picking out the papers and colored spider and bling for me. She loved that drippy goo punch by Martha Stewart -- "that drippy stuff is COOL! and it better be on the card you send me this year!" She loves bling, too.

I took these pictures last Saturday of Heather's two boys, 4 year old Cameron and Ethan. Pepper the dog was hoping for some of that pizza to fall his way! The layout was for #2 of the October THAW (THree A Week) challenge at Willow Traders -- use the entire alphabet on your layout in some way. I printed it out on clear Dymo Letratag tape and added it as a border. The papers are My Mind's Eye. I sanded the K & co chipboard letters and rubbed them with distress inks to tone down their formerly bright color. The stars are cut with a little QK buckle die.

Challenge #3 was entitled the "Moldy Cheese Challenge": I took the photo on this one at the park Wednesday. Ryan absolutely hates to have his picture taken, but saw me pointing my camera and said, "Okay -- ONE picture!" I love this shot:

The paper is Fancy Pants "About a Boy". The labels are Stampin' Up "Certified"  set ; I love this set and use it a lot on the grandkids' layouts. I hit a few of the splotches and spots on the paper with Stickles for a little added texture and shine. The alpha is Cuttlebug Baby Face. Martha Stewart border punch, WR Memory Keepers snap, Me and My Big Ideas rhinestones, Bazzill cardstock.
I drove up to Minnesota yesterday to bring Ethan home, and I'll be staying until tomorrow. Heather and I scrapped together last night (something we don't get to do often enough!)
Have a great Saturday!

13 comments:

Nathalie said...

Looks like it was a fun week at your house!!!! Your pages are all great! You are rocking the THAW challenges!

Barbara said...

You have been a busy gal! Thanks for sharing the pics of your grandchildren and just love those layouts!!

Blessings, Janine said...

I really enjoy how you share the pictures of your grandchildren,...how nice that you get to spend this time with them!! Your card is cute and the layouts are super.

Kris said...

Wow, how fun to have all those grandkids around! :)

Candace H said...

Hope you and Heather are having fun! Love that card (my kids love the drippy goo punch too) and your layouts are terrific!

*~Annette~* said...

LOVE the pizza layout!!!!!!!

angie gutshall said...

Glad you had such a great time with the grandkids! And even better you had a helper to to those great cards! Loved the layouts!

Julie said...

way to scrap barb!! love the halloween cards and the pages

LisaNRoxy said...

Oh Barb - what beautiful grandkids you have!! How fun that you got tho hang out with all of them at once. I lvoe the funny face photo and those park pics will be lovely scrapped!! You are really kickin butt with the challenges! Tell Heather heollo and have fun - can;t wait to see what you gals create together!

jamie said...

are you just the cats meow or what?!? i bow at the feet of a wonderful grandma that you are!!!
the funny face photo is just perfect the way it is. how very precious is that. it is meaningful in so many ways. really. i will be thinking about that all day.
way to go with all that scrapiness you have going on...looks like a load of fun.
have a great day.
and thanks for your blog and posts!

Lori Gentile said...

I love seeing the pictures of your grandkids!!! I love all of your layouts!

just jennifer said...

such pretty layouts! love the title hit me with your best shot! Great job!

Diana said...

wow, all those kids in the house and you still managed to scrap something! MY HERO!!
Love you're LO's, and thanks for the idea to use a label maker :)