Saturday, October 3, 2009

Happy Saturday!

My oldest daughter, Heather, and her two boys (Ethan, 8 and Cameron, 4) are here from Minnesota for the weekend. Heather is going to be the maid of honor for my younger daughter Kristen's wedding, and today is the day to choose the bridesmaids' dresses.

I just finished "save the date" cards for the wedding. They are not photographing well because of the soft gray color of the cards and the Stickles on the stamp, but you can get the idea:




These are my layouts for the final two LEO challenges at Willow Traders. The challenge for the first was to create a shaped layout. I used a die cut cardstock page from Jenni Bowlin as my base:



The photos are my oldest granddaughter enjoying the petting zoo at our recent Homestead Festival. The title comes from a comment by the young man who was supervising the animals, in regard to the way the goats push and crowd anyone with a cup of food.

And this one was in response to the final challenge, to use ink or paint on the layout. I used metallic ink along the edges of the patterned paper and ink to stamp script on the pp, to stamp a distress pattern on my cardstock and to ink the edges. The design is based on a layout by Christi Spadoni in Scrapbooking & Beyond's fall issue. The photos are from a recent trip to Michigan; we spent an afternoon visiting winery tasting rooms and sampling (and buying!) the wines.



Now on to the October THAW Challenge (three a week)! I think Heather and I will be scrapping tonight after the boys go to bed.

8 comments:

jamie said...

i love that 'goats' layout. not only is the whole story very cute and hilarous, the use of papers and shape is very, very appealing. fun job!
you have got to be the best grandma ever!

Blessings, Janine said...

Lucky you!!! Enjoy the visit. The "Save the Date" card is lovely and your multiphoto layouts are great. Love the goat title and wine layout design, especially.

Candace H said...

The "goats" layout is one of my very favorites from all of our LEO layouts! And great job in using ink in our last challenge! Sounds like you'll have a very fun weekend!

angie gutshall said...

Love your layouts and that is awesome card.

Julie said...

i always love your work barb!!

LisaNRoxy said...

Yhea Barb!! Way to go on completing all the LEO's and wionning a kit!! Woot Woot - I love to see your work. The Save the Date cards are lovely - how fun. I am so glad Heather is there with you. It is pretty sweet that you guys might just work on your THAWs together!! have a great time and take pics so we can see!!

mommyof5kidz said...

LOL! Your goat layout is too cute! Great job getting all your layouts done! Oh...and I do like your save the date cards!! Beautiful!

liv said...

HI,
The cards have great art-work of yours.They are very beautiful and attractive.It is really good to see the family united at such ceremony.

handy zubehör