Friday, October 16, 2009

Blog hopping again!

It's Friday, which means Weekend Blog Hop-ping at Willow Traders! Today also was the "due date" for THAW Challenge #6 -- a scraplift challenge! We chose a layout to scraplift from the gallery of a challenge prize sponsor. Since I was using a Scrapbook Sussies kit that I won in the last LEO Challenge at WT, I also scraplifted a layout by design team member Leah Wright at SS. You can see Leah's layout here.

And here is my layout. My youngest granddaughter, Anna, stayed overnight Monday and brought with her a pair of Halloween "meow socks" (they have kittens on them). She really loves her meow socks and insisted on trying to put them on herself. Notice the shoe on the wrong foot and the look of concentration on her little face:

As soon as Hubby saw those photos on my computer screen, he said "You're gonna scrap those, aren't you? Those will make a really cute page." Is he getting it or what?!?!?

For someone who only works "when she feels like it" (I do substitute teaching and freelance marketing communications work), I feel pretty busy lately. Since my mother in law's health is not good (she is in the late stage of Alzheimer's disease), my husband asked me to start putting together some photo tribute boards to honor her when ... well, you know .... We don't anticipate needing them right away, but I want to be sure to do this great lady justice on the display. It's hard getting myself to start, but I know I have to. I just received a gorgeous kit from A Million Memories (I won it in a challenge a while back) and I'm thinking that the blues and serene colors in this kit may be just what I need to dive into this project.

And then, there is the wedding .... the official Kristen and Ian wedding website on TheKnot.com tells me that today we are 176 days away from "d day". Now that sounds like quite a ways away, unless you're helping to plan a wedding. Then, not so much. Kristen is stressing with all the stuff left to be done, but actually she has done a great job already of getting most of the major components in place. She has a beautiful gown ordered, her bridesmaids have ordered their dresses; we have a lovely place for the ceremony and reception; the caterer and liquor vendor are on board. There is music (by a very talented classmate) for the wedding, and a DJ for the reception. A photographer has been hired and engagement photos taken (waiting for the CD so I can post a couple -- they are fantastic!). Still lots to be done, but the really major things are on board. So, I tell her every now and then to BREATHE!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

Heather said...

Great LO! That Anna is such a little cutie!

angie gutshall said...

That is a scrapable moment. So cute!

Denise said...

Those are great pictures, you definitely had to scrap them, love the papers too.

Julie said...

wonderful page!!!!

Rebecca In MI said...

Yea! Mike is getting it! I really love that title! Think I could convice Brandon to pose for pictures like these so I could get a title use like this one? Probably not, but I'm going to keep it in mind, you never know... You realy did agreat job of these pictures, and I know your going to do MIL's pictures justice on the tribute board.

"The Bag Lady" said...

So jealous that your husband gets it. Mine "sort of" does but it depends on the day. With all of the things going on I can't believe that you are able to crank out cute lo's like this one!

Blessings, Janine said...

What a fun title! Adorable pictures and layout. Love it when the men "get it" and especially his idea for the photo tribute. A Million Memories has fabulous kits for vintage layouts and alterables,...I'm always ogling her kits!

LisaNRoxy said...

How adorable is that layout - I love that the shoe is on teh wrong foot! Your hubby is getting it!! Good for him. Just adorable and congrats again on your wins - you are one lucky scrapper lately. Looking forward to seeing the engagement pics! How fun and exciting - what a wonderful time in your daughters life.

Candace H said...

CUTE layout, Barb! And wow, you are very very busy right now!

jamie said...

wow...you DO have alot going on in your life, and seem to be keeping it all in perspective.
the layout is adorable. what great attention to detail you have with what is going on with the little one and her dilemma. great layout!

Rebecca said...

Wonderful lo--I love the title. Sorry to hear about your MIL's health. I am sure she (and the whole family) will truly appreciate seeing her memories brought together. Good luck with the wedding planning! Sounds like the big, important stuff is done which has to feel good :)

Lori Gentile said...

I love the title on your layout and I love your layout. I'm so sorry about your MIL.

Nathalie said...

I really like the color combination that you used on this page and the photos are just adorable!

Diana said...

cute layout and good luck with all the wedding planning- that really is not that far off