Saturday, September 5, 2009

I should have bought a

lottery ticket this week, because Lady Luck was sure smiling on me! First, I won that beautiful kit on A Million Memories. THEN, my name was drawn as the winner of a kit from The Scrapping Spot from among the participants in the Construction Season Challenge at Willow Traders. Then, topping off one lucky week, I won the August kit challenge at ScrapbookDeals4U. There is going to be absolutely no excuse not to scrap!

My third child, Jeff, surprised me yesterday afternoon by arriving on the 5:30 train from Chicago, and is here until Monday. Not that we'll probably see a whole lot of him, since he likes to catch up with his friends when he's home. But we'll cook out tomorrow with him, second child Jason and his family, and my mom. Should be a fun time!

I finished my layout last night (or technically, this morning, since it was about 2 am) for the LEO #2 challenge at WT. Our challenge was to use one of two posted color palette inspirations. I chose this one:



I thought the 7Gypsies Gypsy Market papers would show beautifully the green, gold, coral, sandstone and brown hues in the palette, so I paired them with photos from Stanley Market in Hong Kong. I liked the way it came out:



This is a better view of the left side:



... and the right:



The sketch is one from Debbie Hodge at Get It Scrapped and I've used it at least three times now! I didn't have the color of rhinestones I needed, so I colored a couple of pink ones with green alcohol ink; worked great! I hit the bottom paper and the flowers with my Stickles to add a little shine. This makes four pages now for my Hong Kong/China album -- it's only taken four years to get that much done! But the Gypsy Market paper is great and it's good inspiration to finally get these photos scrapped.

Thanks for looking! Have a great Labor Day weekend!

19 comments:

Beth said...

That is a gorgeous layout! Congrats on all of your good luck!

Tara Powell said...

Wow, you are on a roll!
Love your layout, very nice 2 page spread
Enjoy your time with your son this weekend!

Chrissy Le said...

Barb....put everything down and go out and play the lotto!! :)

That is an amazing layout! Love that pattern paper from 7gypsies!

Heather said...

Those papers are great for those pictures! This is a fabulous LO.

Andrea Amu said...

Congrat on all your scrappy luck! You sure should have invested in a lotto ticket!

Your layout is gorgeous! I always love the feel of 2 pagers!

LisaNRoxy said...

Oh Barb - your layout is stunning - perfect paper choices and the pics are so fun. It looks like a wonderful place to visit - wish I could go some day! Congrats on your LUCKY week!! You go girl - You are going to have to load this blog up with tons of new layouts! Couldn;t happen to a kinder lady! Enjoy.

Nathalie said...

This is a great double pager Barb! You're right that those papers were perfect for your photos! It enjoyed looking at your photos too! And congrats on all your wins!!!

Jill said...

I love your papers and the layout is beautiful! Congrats on all that winning, too! :-)

Gina de Jong said...

I love getting peeks at your vacation album!!! the 7 gypsies paper is perfect, love how you used it and got all those photos in there!!!!

"The Bag Lady" said...

I wish I could rub the top of your head and have some of that luck rub off on me (lol)!! Love the two pager! It looks like you had a great trip. And thank you for the kind words on my blog. I wish all of my student's parents would take a page from your book!

Lori Gentile said...

Your layout is so beautiful. CONGRATS on more wins. :)

Barbara said...

WOW!! Get that lottery ticket ASAP!!
That is one absolutely goregous layout! I so love Debbie's classes and I don't think I'll ever get tired of using her sketches over and over!

Nicole Maki said...

That is a lot of luck - enjoy!

The patterned paper is a stunning compliment to the market photos. Great choice.

Enjoy your visit with your son :-)

Merrilee said...

Great layout! That 7 Gypsies paper is perfect for your pics.

Julie said...

i love that lo, and that is my fave font!!!

you are a lucky girl!!

terri k said...

Wow! This has been your lucky week! Congrats! Great layout using the 7 Gypsies paper!

Blessings, Janine said...

Oh,...that's a great tip on the rhinestones....
& that is a great sketch, love what you did with it!

Thomisia said...

Lovely LO (I love 2 pgrs) and congrats, lucky lady!

Rebecca In MI said...

The papers are just perfect for these pictures! How many pages do you think you'll be getting out of the pictures? Will you have an album for just this?