Friday, September 11, 2009

Hooray! Friday is here and

that means it's another Blog Hop at Willow Traders! I made a card earlier in the week, for a "use a quote" challenge at Paper Posies:




The LEO Challenge is going strong at Willow Traders, and I'm happy that I've made it through Challenge #5 without using any skips. The challenge was to use a sketch from the May offerings at Nuts About Sketches. I used the May 4 sketch:


For this challenge, I cracked open my April "Teenage Girl" kit from A Kiss on the Chic, with these lovely Prima and Glitz Design papers. The burlap and big flower are Prima too; the rest is various stuff from my stash of supplies. Those SEI hearts have been lying around since Creative Keepsakes Convention 2007!

The photo is my youngest daughter, Kristen, waiting to go onstage at her first dance recital in 1994. At age 6, she LOVED the red lipstick, feathers and bling! Come to think of it, she still likes red lipstick, feathers and bling.




That makes 85 layout pages for me so far in 2009. Not a huge number by most scrappers' standards, but it's tremendous for me -- I completed only 36 pages in all of 2008!

The LEO #6 challenge is posted now, so I can just keep my scrapbook supplies right where they are. (Hubby won't mind eating out in the family room tonight; really he won't ...) This is our town's annual Homestead Festival weekend, so I'm going with my mom after lunch to tour the Owen Lovejoy Homestead (it was a stop on the Underground Railroad) and our county historical museum. She has lived in this county for 55 years and has never visited either one!!!!

Have a great Friday!




19 comments:

Nicole Maki said...

Wow. That LO is terrific and I just love that picture of your daughter - she's adorable. I'll have to keep an eye out for that paper you used. It's gorgeous.

What a cute quote on your card and I adore the luscious color.

LisaNRoxy said...

Barb - I love your card and the Rita Rudner quote made me giggle. Great job. That LEO layout is just beautiful. WOW - what beeautiful papers and embellies you chose. I giggled again that Kristen still loves feathers and red lipstick - me too!! Great job and I am looking forward to your edgy layout!

Blessings, Janine said...

Great layout & card. The quote is hysterical.

Heather said...

Love the card quote and the colors are beautiful. That LO is just GORGEOUS! Great embellies. Have fun during the festival this weekend. I wish I could be there.

Lori Gentile said...

That a gorgeous cards and I LOVE the layout. That is the perfect photo for that paper.

Julie said...

fabulous work as always!!!

Thomisia said...

Your LO is so pretty! I know what you mean about not using the skips yet because I'm happy that I haven't had to use any yet, also.

lisaplus5 said...

what a bright fun layout! i love that card, as well!

Rebecca In MI said...

Oh my goodness, what a great lo! Kirsten has changed a bit I might say. Soon you'll be doing dance (maybe) pictures of her daughter!

Staci said...

beautiful card and LO, barb! And I think 85 pages sounds pretty darn impressive!!

Maria said...

I just love the BG card you created!

Tara Powell said...

What a fantastic layout, Barb!
I think those papers and embellies were made to go with your photo!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog
Hope you have a great weekend :)
Tara

Rebecca said...

gorgeous card and LO

jamie said...

well a big o' congratulations to you on your LEO accomplishments. one can tell you are very excited to be challenging along with the rest of us.
and i'm cracking up. you have great will power to not open up a kit yet from april...!!! me? not so much.
and can i just say? i would love to be apart of your homestead festival. that sounds like a wonderful time.
enjoy your day!

Stacy Cohen said...

Great card and I love that layout!! And 85 layouts so far this year sounds like a lot to me!

"The Bag Lady" said...

Hey 89 layouts is not shabby at all!!! I wish I snag that card. I know a few people I could send that to (lol).

Diana said...

congrat's on the LO count- as long as you are moving along and getting things accomplished, feel proud! Love the LO- reminds me of my sister's dance recitals

Jill said...

Wow, GORGEOUS!!!!

terri k said...

Beautiful layout of your daughter!