Thursday, September 10, 2009

Has this ever ...

... happened to you? I finished a layout yesterday for the LEO Challenge #4 at Willow Traders. I finished it (except for the journaling) and posted it right under the wire on the deadline. So far so good. Then ... I picked it up to move it, and found out that I hadn't gotten quite everything glued down. All my tiny flowers and a few letters went flying.

In a way, it was just as well. I wasn't all that happy with the placement of my flowers, so it gave me a chance to redo the arrangement. And while I was at it, I added some butterflies, more flowers and a big of bling. Also completed the journaling.

This is the finished layout. The challenge was to use an older photo. I found this one from March 1998. It's my older son, Jason, holding his one-day-old daughter, Kaycee. He was really young when she was born, and I don't think he was quite prepared for that giant wave of parental love that hit him when she arrived.



The papers and journaling tag are MME Bloom and Grow, with Daisy Bucket rub-ons and Prima flowers, all from the fabulous Bloom and Grow kit from Scrapbook Deals 4 U. I added cardstock by Wausau and DCWV; Ranger Stickles; alphas cut with Cuttlebug Olivia and Baby Face fonts; scallop cut with a Quickutz long die in my Wizard; butterflies punched with a Martha Stewart punch; and some tiny rhinestones from Walmart. I applied the big rub-on to white cardstock, cut it out and popped it up with thick Pop Dots to give it some dimension. The layout design was inspired by a PageMaps sketch. I converted the photo to black and white because the colors and lighting were awful.

Thanks for looking! Have a great Thursday!

No comments: