Friday, September 25, 2009

Fabulous Friday!

We had rain -- lots of rain! -- this morning, but now it has quit and the sun is trying to shine. I spent the morning working on a new layout for the Cramfest "Horticulture Class" at ScrapbookDeals4U. The challenge was to use a flower cluster, ribbon or trim, and sparkle. Now that's MY kind of challenge!

I used a sketch from Pencillines for this one:



And because I didn't have any colored swirly bling, I colored my own. I used alcohol ink and my Tim Holtz applicator with a square of felt:


I just used a few drops of the ink and dabbed it over my bling; I added ink and dabbed until I got the shade I wanted.



I did this outside on a scrap piece of paper because I can tend to get a bit messy!


And this is what I ended up with.







From this ....


I mentioned that I was a lucky winner in the Construction Season Challenge at Willow Traders; and last week I received my prize! It was from The Scrapping Spot and contained not one, but TWO kits of paper and goodies. Aren't these beautiful?



The papers are the fabulous Jillibean Soup; two alphas and a big bag full of goodies!

And the papers in this one are by Harmonie, which I had never seen before. I am in love with these designs and colors!





... to this !

Had to open these up and play with them right away! This was for the LEO #10 challenge -- scrap a "then" and "now" comparison. I used Sketch #38 from 52 Sketches...52 Weeks:




The photo on the left is my youngest daughter at about age 2. The right hand photo shows HER daughter at age 1 1/2; I took that photo a couple of months ago. My daughter took one look at this and said, "Oh ... my .... God .... it's almost spooky how much she looks like me". Um, yeah - I have been telling her that "she looks just like her mommy" since the kid was born!

And this was for LEO #11, to use stitching on our layout. I pulled out my sewing machine and zig zagged away. (I also used the same sketch just because it was so much fun!)




The photos are from a recent trip to an area orchard with my mom. I look forward to early fall each year because it means Tanner's is open for the season.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend :)

15 comments:

Stacy Cohen said...

Such great pages!! That clown page really caught my eye. Well done!

Merrilee said...

Beautiful layouts! I love your tip for changing the colour of your bling. Now I need some alcohol ink. LOL

Thomisia said...

I like all of the LOs but the clown one is my fav! Great photo!

Wendy Kwok said...

I love the LOs. Love the added touch of stitchings. And altering blings with alcohol inks is soooo cool! I got to try it. You are such an inspiration.

Blessings, Janine said...

Lucky girl! :) I love what you did with the sketches! I'm working on the Pencil Lines one, now.

Your colors work so nicely with the photos and your details are great. I love how both of your interpretations of the same sketch are so different.

Julie said...

i am sooo scared of clowns!! but love your page, great technique. great job with the tss kit, i was on the dt when they had tat kit, you rocked it!

Heather said...

Great LOs. I like them all, but the clown one is gorgeous. I just love all the colors and the great pic. Cool technique, too.

Rebecca In MI said...

I love your lo's and thanks for sharing that technique!

Candace H said...

Fabulous layouts, Barb and love the way you colored the bling!

angie gutshall said...

Wow! That is such a great prize and I love the layouts you made. That clown is too funny. Great Job!

LisaNRoxy said...

Love the layouts Barb. You have been busy! I love your stitching and what a clever technique to fancy up your jewels!! You won a wonderful surprise - I love that JilliBean kit from the Scrapping Spot!!

Barbara said...

Your layouts are incredible! Like the idea of inking the bling to get the color you need. And congrats on the wins! Nice looking scrappy goodies. =)

Lori Gentile said...

Awesome work! Congrats! I love your tutorial!

terri k said...

Love your layout and I love how you colored the bling!

Cath said...

Hi Barb! Thanks for sharing your blog with us!

~Cath from Moxie Fab World