Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What to do on a dreary day?

Why scrap, of course! We woke up to rain and black clouds this morning; the sun still isn't really shining. I figure it's a good day to stay indoors and scrap.

Lately I've been digging into some old photos for layouts, and having a great time with those little strolls down memory lane. I finished this one with my oldest daughter's first "posed portrait", taken when she was two days old at the hospital. There is a pocket for hidden journaling. I tried to put into words the way I felt the first time I held her in my arms. Not sure I'm ready to share all of that with the world; hence, the hidden journaling.



The journaling card pulls out like this:



Right now, I'm doing a "use your kit" challenge at Willow Traders and I'm using the gorgeous Bloom and Grow kit from ScrapbookDeals4U. Not sure if I can actually use all of the kit contents up by September 1, but sure having a great time trying!

Thanks for looking -- have a great day!

3 comments:

Gina de Jong said...

I love all the layers - great LO!!!!!

Heather said...

Love the paper combo and another great cluster. Cool rub-on in the corner, too. And of course, I am just about the most adorable baby ever! Thanks, Mom! I love it!

Diana said...

Great LO- love the hidden journaling, very sweet. Looks like you are on a roll