Friday, August 28, 2009

What I'm into right now

Do you find yourself using the same idea, technique, color combination over and over again? I do! Right now, I'm into:

* black and white photos paired with colored paper and elements
* eye-popping color combinations like orange, red and teal
* sanding the edges of my photos and paper instead of inking
* layering and clustering my embellishments
* teeny, tiny little rhinestones
* Flowers on everything!

Still working on my Bloom & Grow kit. Just finished this one, with help from a sketch at 52 Sketches...52 Weeks:



The "blooms" are my 6 grandchildren: Kaycee, 11; Ryan, 9; Shelbie, 8; Ethan, 8; Cameron, 4; and Anna, 1 1/2. Aren't they just the cutest?!?

13 comments:

LisaNRoxy said...

Oh Barb - I do find myself drawn to the same things. A lot of your list applies to me too. I want to work with some black and white photos - have not done that before. I love the Bloom and Brow papers. your layout is beautiful as are your "Blooms"!

Gina de Jong said...

Barb, I totally know what you mean - I try to break the cycle and then feel ick...just go with what you love!!! Your LO is great, love how you highlighted the photos!!

Julie said...

great page! i too get in a pattern and stick around for a while lol

Anabelle said...

This is sooo cute! I love the clusters of flowes. Such cute pics, too!

Nathalie said...

Great idea to post "what you're into right now" and your page is terrific! I love all the photos of your grandchildren and what you did with your embellishments again :)

Tagnia said...

very cute layout...and yes, I find myself doing these types of things as well

Chris C said...

Hi Barb - I thought I'd check out your blog to get to know you better (I'm from AMM - aka emmapaige).

jamie said...

i think it's a good thing to break out of what is normal for you, and focus on certain things for a while. i think too it adds co-hesiveness to the albums. to see consistent themes adds to a congruent feel.
i really like your layout: the grid, the photos, the fact they are b/w, and i am such a sucker for flowers too, i have to make myself NOT use them.

Patricia said...

I just saw this sketch this morning! You did a great job with it!!

Blessings, Janine said...

Great photos! The black & white really help keep the focus on the people, with no distraction of colorful clothes...it looks super with the bright pop of color. I'm thinking, if it works, why change it! :)

terri k said...

Great layout! Love your use of black and white!

Heather said...

Your LOs have been great (well, they always are), so that list must be working for you. I love this LO.

Diana said...

great job with the sketch- cute LO too :)