Sunday, August 30, 2009

Putting that packaging to use!

There was a challenge on the Paper Posies forum to use a "recycled" item on your layout. I had some photos of my 8 year old granddaughter, Shelbie, that I wanted to scrap, and the Paper Posies February kit was perfect! The kit had these Prima Lollipop Flowers in it:

'

As soon as I saw the cut outs on the packaging, I thought "what a great mask"! So, I grabbed my Clearsnap Chestnut Roan chalk ink and a make up sponge:



... positioned it on my layout:



... sponged on the ink, and got this:

Photobucket

Since I had the sponge and the ink out, I used it to grunge up the edges of my die cut card stock.

This is the finished layout:



I used sketch #34 from 52 Sketches...52 Weeks and turned it sideways. I hope Shelbie is pleased with the way it turned out!

Thanks for looking -- have a great week!

7 comments:

Jill said...

What a clever idea! Love your LO!

LisaNRoxy said...

You go Barb! That is so cool - I am absolutely going to give that a try! So clever!

Heather said...

What a cool idea, Mom! Great tutorial. And I think Shelbie looks a lot like her momma in that far right picture.

Blessings, Janine said...

Looks great! Great touch with the added gems, too. Love your flower. Thanks for the step-by-step. :)

Julie said...

ooooh love that barb!!!

Diana said...

great idea to use the cardboard as a mask! It turned out great

Wendy Kwok said...

That technique is so clever! Thanks for swinging by my blog!