Friday, August 28, 2009

Hooray! It's Blog Hop Friday!

Last week's Blog Hop on Willow Traders was just so much fun, I've been looking forward to Friday all week just so we can do it again! I finished this layout last night, using a sketch from 52 Sketches in 52 Weeks as the inspiration:



Once again, I used the fabulous August "Bloom & Grow" kit from ScrapbookDeals4U , the only things I provided from my stash were a piece of light green cardstock and a dotted ribbon. Since SD4U had a challenge to use buttons and stitching this week, I hand stitched the buttons and flowers to the layout:



This week I seem to have been drawn to older photos. It's been fun going down memory lane, but it isn't getting anything accomplished with those vacation photos still waiting to be scrapped ...

Have a great Friday!

9 comments:

Julie said...

wonderful details! great page

Nathalie said...

Great page Barb! I love that cluster of embellies and the way you did your title!

Char said...

Cute page! I love the picture.

Elizabeth said...

Very cute! I love the pop of colors!!!

lisaplus5 said...

i love your page Barb! it is sopretty and the photos is so sweet! i think it is wonderful that we have been using the same kit this week, but my pages are so very different- please come peek at them on my blog tomorrow :)
thank you for playing along with me this week!

Blessings, Janine said...

What an adorable photo! I love the page,...the focus is on the great photo with great colors and the cute cluster. And I always love matted squares on a layout, it adds a lot of dimension to this. TFS!

Heather said...

I just love this picture, Mom! It is so precious. And the LO is gorgeous. I love the soft, pretty colors and the embellie cluster is to die for! You have a knack for that. You should do a tutorial on clusters!

LisaNRoxy said...

Barb! I love your cluster - it is a perfect accent for your layout. Love the design - I am going to chceck out the 52 sketch site. Thansk for the tip!! Love teh heart for the o iin your title too. The little details really make a page. great job!

Jill said...

I LOVE that photo, Barb! And I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who grows BIG cats, LOL! I love the colors of the page--gorgeous!