Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy Sunday!

Welcome to the Willow Traders Blog Hop participants! This is my first time participating, and it's so much fun to visit everyone's blogs to see all the wonderful creations!

I finished the layout using the piece that I was cutting Friday. This is my son Jason, who was 8, holding his new baby sister. Today they are 29 and 21, and they both have children (Jason is the father of 3! and Kristen has one little girl) The photo makes me smile.



I used the August "Bloom and Grow" kit from ScrapbookDeals4U for this layout. Love it! The only things NOT from the kit are the tiny rhinestones. Dymo Labelmaker lettering, and brown ribbon. The frame was cut with a Sizzix die, the butterflies with a Martha Stewart punch.

Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Nicole Maki said...

I love the scattering of embellishments across the page and find your handwriting very charming. That picture gave me a lump in my throat. My oldest is only 13 but I know the years will go by very fast.

Love your work - it's very pretty.

Nathalie said...

Beautiful page Barb with just the right amount of embellishments! And the photo is so sweet :)

Heather said...

Beautiful. I love the little rhinestones and the ribbons. The LO is so delicate and soft. And I love that you mentioned the Alf PJs in your journaling.

Barb P said...

Oh, how could I forget "ALF"! He was obsessed with that show! I should have mentioned the cowlicks too. :)

Mia said...

Love the layout Barb! Great color mix there!

WriterGirl said...

So cute! What a great picture!

Jill said...

Great LO--and I love ALF!

Michelle said...

love the frame thanks for the directions for it!

carrieferrier said...

such a sweet layout barb!

Blessings, Janine said...

Love your butterflies & cute little bows!

LisaNRoxy said...

Barb - what a beautiful page. I love the scallop bits accenting the sides and the butterflies - so very well done! How sweet to look back at this picture and think about the lives these two have lived and where they are today. You made me smile. Wonder how your son's children would love this picture now.

Anabelle said...

What a sweet, sweet page! I love the look on his face!!

Diana said...

very cute- love that paper too :)